We all know parenting is difficult. We all have those days. I will say something two or three times and my kid’s response is “What did you say?” I will teach, correct, and discipline for a behavior and the next day do it again for the same behavior. Frustration builds, doubt creeps in. Am I making a difference? Am I a good father?
Everyone needs encouragement. We need more encouragement than we receive. It is the one thing we can never have enough of. When people encourage each other it is easier to get through those difficult times. We feel better about ourselves and what we do. Dads need encouragement.
These Bible verses will encourage you when you need it most.
When You Need Strength
1. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
2. The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11
3. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3
4. The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. Psalm 118:14
5. Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
6. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
7. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
8. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13
[wpforms id=”867″ title=”true”]
When You Need Peace
9. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
10. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
11. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
12. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
13. You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3
14. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
15. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
I challenge you to lift up another dad today. You are a great father! You are making a difference! Simple words that have a profound effect.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- How to Explain Sensory Processing Disorder to Others - June 12, 2017
- How to Effectively Discipline Your Child with Love - May 8, 2017
- How to Find the Perfect Balance When Kids Use Technology - April 10, 2017