Lose weight, get organized, spend less, learn something new, we attempt the same old resolutions year after year. Time for a better New Year’s resolution.
Almost half of Americans make a New Year’s resolution, according to research. 8% are successful. Want to be a person who achieves their goal? Follow these guidelines to set yourself up for New Year’s success.
This year let’s set a challenge that will not only better ourselves but our entire family.
It is time to make a resolution to be a better father. There is always room to improve our relationships with the ones we love the most. So in addition to working out and finally getting the garage organized, pick one or two or ten of these resolutions to make yourself a better father.
25 New Year’s Resolutions for Fatherhood
- Take 5 minutes a day to listen to one of their stories about their day
- Eat dinner (or any meal) together
- Turn off technology for a day
- Brush or comb your kid’s hair each day
- Help with the bedtime routine (brush their teeth, give them a bath, etc)
- Read one book or chapter a day to them (or have them read one to you)
- Take them on a date once a month
- Read the Bible for 5 minutes a night
- Pray together
- Attend church weekly
- Go to the park or play outside once a week
- Start a family game night once a week
- Color, draw or do crafts together weekly
- Cook with them
- Go for a walk regularly
- Attend their games, plays, recitals
- Help with homework nightly
- Take them to school
- Eat lunch at school with them
- Attend Parent/Teacher conferences
- Coach their team
- Support their mom
- Tell them you love them at least once a day
- Give them a compliment a day
- Hug and kiss them every day
This is not an exhaustive list, just a few ideas to get you thinking. Do you have any others to add? It does not matter how you build the relationship as long as you attempt to all year long. Time to make connections that will have a lasting impact.